Friday, January 06, 2006

Newsvine

So I got the happy news that I have been accepted as a beta tester for Newsvine, a new news web site that is in closed beta currently.

So far, I'm pretty impressed. The site organization and philosophy is pretty solid, and it has some great features that most news sites don't have, like the ability to discuss articles, write columns, and contribute stories from elsewhere.

I'm still learning my way around the site, but so far, it's looking like a great news source. From what I can tell, the site uses Associated Press stories as its primary wire, and then people can "seed" the content with other stuff as is relevant.

My only complaint about the site right now is that it doesn't really help me deal with the information overload that you can get when you're looking at hundreds of links to many different topics. But I guess that's a good problem for Newsvine to have - it's better to have too much content than not enough, because you can always go back and organize.

No comments: